Our 2017 licensure effort has officially started! Senator Iris Martinez (Chicago-20th district) introduced SB0708 and Representative Robyn Gabel (Evanston- 18th district) introduced HB2530 in the House, to license naturopathic physicians. Thank you to Senator Martinez and Representative Gabel for continuing to sponsor and support our cause. Thank you to Senators Tom Cullerton and Emil Jones III for co-sponsoring SB0708, and Representative Sheri Jeisel for co-sponsoring HB2530.
This will be a busy year for the ILANP. To continue building our relationships with legislators and regulators, we will be making regular visits to Springfield and hold a 2nd annual Education and Lobby Day this spring (exact date TBA). We will be hosting another 5K Fun Run/Walk this spring, and our 5th annual conference this fall.
The ILANP is dedicated to improving access to safe, regulated naturopathic medicine to every resident in Illinois. But we can only achieve this goal with your help.
Can you help out in at least one of the following ways?
- Sign up for our legislative alerts, and email or phone your legislators when we send out a call for action.
- Follow us on twitter, facebook, and Linked In.
- Make a donation during our legislative donation drive, February-March 31st.
- Join us as an ILANP member, for naturopathic doctors, naturopathic students, and other healthcare practitioners.
- Participate in our 5K Race, annual conference, and other events.
- Attend our Education and Lobby Day in Springfield.
- Submit a testimonial so we can share the story of how naturopathic medicine has helped you lead a healthier life.
About the Illinois Association of Naturopathic Physicians
Founded in 1999 and incorporated in 2003, the Illinois Association of Naturopathic Physicians, an affiliate of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP), is the sole incorporated organization representing the interests of naturopathic medicine in the state of Illinois. The ILANP is a 501 (c)(6) non-profit association, with membership comprised of naturopathic physicians, students, and supporters, who live in Illinois. Our vision is “To create full access to safe and comprehensive naturopathic healthcare for the residents of Illinois.” For more information on the ILANP, please visit us at www.ilanp.org.